Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Fairy

This is my second layout using Swirlydoos April kit, "Park Avenue". In this layout, I've added some paper doiley to create a more feminine look to the layout.

Here are the details.

I've ink the edges of some paper doiley and added it behind the top edges of the photograph.
I've used some mini florets masks by Tim Holtz idea-ology to mask some flowers and flourishes on the top and bottom of the layout. Later, I've detailed it with Stickles and liquid pearls.

I've cut out a border from the pattern paper and attach it to the right of the photograph. I've dress it up with liquid pearls.
I've punched some holes on the right of the photograph and use a ribbon to do a strip of lacing on it.
I've used some chipboard alphas and the alphas sticker to form the title. I've also added some photo holders on the right of the layout.

I've inked the vinyl frame (included in the kit) with alcohol ink and added some flowers on it. I've also stamped some butterflies using black solvent ink onto vellums and later colour it with Copic markers. I've also detailed it with Stickles. For a more interesting effect, I've also stamped some butterflies directly onto the layout. The pop up butterflies look as if it has come alive and flying off the layout...LOL! After all, it's a layout about fairy magic, right?  

Hope you all enjoyed today's technique explanation. Try it out and have fun!


Sources: Products included in the kit: Pattern Papers: Webster's Pages, Robin's Nest; Embellishments: Swirlydoos beads, Prima pearls, 7Gypsies photo turns, Pink Paislee Artisan Elements, Prima flower and alpha sticker; Others not included in the kit: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Liquid Pearl, Ranger Glossy Accents, Prima flowers, Copic markers, Ranger Alcohol Ink, Ranger Stickles, Tim Holtz idea-ology masking template, Tsukineko Staz On, Darkroom Door stamps, Making Memories acrylic paint, mini brads, ribbon, paper doiley, vellum, chipboard alpha, floss for stitching, Glue Dots, Zip Dry and other adhesives.

10 comments:

mininessie said...

just precious Irene!

precious said...

This one is so cute. I would love to give something like this as a gift! So personalized!
dining table

Marta said...

THis is amazing Irene

ScrapinFunatic said...

Irene, I wish I had your talent. I just love your work.

Denise
mommiesmemorie@yahoo.com

laurensmom22 said...

This is really lovely Irene. You are such a source of inspiration for me.

PattiM said...

Gorgeous, LO!! And your lil fairy is adorable!!

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Cina99 said...

Soo cute! The butterfly looks so real :)

Soraya said...

Wow...what a great LO and what a cute picture. Hug, Soraya x

Gaby Bee said...

This is gorgeous. Really beautifully done. Love all the little details.
Your fairy is absolutely adorable :-)
Gaby xo

Cindy Gay said...

Lovely photo.
Like the inked doily and masking the flowers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin