Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Distressing with Acrylic Paint

This is a very simple technique that I've used on various of my latest projects. Distressing can some in two form. It can be a dark or light coloured distressing. Lately, I've used a lot of white acrylic paint to distress my project. Simply just use a brush and some white acrylic paint and swipe it lightly on any embellishment or even your papers and photographs. You can also use white gesso to do this. I've used numerous times of this technique in my this week's project at the Crop Spot too. Try it!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Beautiful effect! Thanks Irene!

Anonymous said...

how awesome! i am definitely going to try this out this weekend :)

tfs!!!

sarabeth

Tereza Crump said...

hi Irene...this is such a lovely look. I have used pearlized white acrylic paint before like you did here, it adds shimmer to the look. So pretty. :) thanks for sharing. BTW, I posted my comments for the Give Away at the Crop spot. :) thanks again, Tereza

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin