Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"U"


This is a layout that I've created for Pages In Time. It's on a photograph captured while Chloe is paying attention to her own mirror image. This is a perfect moment to capture some pure "Chloe". I've used loads of Distress Ink on this layout.

Here are the steps to it.

1) Use a pattern paper as the base for this page. Use a Tim Holtz idea-ology border mask to do some masking on it's right border. Fill a mini mister with some Distress Reinker, some perfect pearls and water for this. Distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink.

2) Cut out a rectangular piece from a white card stock and use the "Extreme Punching to Distress" technique on it's upper border. Ink around it's edges with some Distress Ink. Add it to the page.

3) Cut another smaller rectangular piece from a pattern paper and distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with Distress Ink. Attach it to the page.

4) Hand stitch a rectangular on top of both pieces in step (2) and (3).

5) Run the photograph through a embossing machine with a butterfly embossing folder. Distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with Distress Ink. Ink the embossed butterfly with Distress Ink too. Add two small metal photo corners to it's upper and lower left corners. Add it to the page.

6) Use the "Masking Templates' Negatives" technique to create the flourish and add it to the left of the page with some foam adhesive. Decorate it with some Liquid Pearls.

7) To create the flowers for this page, use the "Distress Stickles on Flowers" an d"Apply Rub-Ons to your Flowers" techniques on some various sizes of flowers. Dress them up with some Liquid Pearls after adding them to the page.

8) Add a small piece of quote on the lower left of the page. Ink it's edges with Distress Ink before attaching it to the page. Hand stitch around it.

9) Use a piece of acrylic deco frame from Clear Scraps and ink it with some Copper acrylic paint. I've used the copper paint dabber to create a rustic look to it. Attach it to the page with four small copper brads.

10) Ink a die cut butterfly with various Distress Ink and outline it with a white gel pen. Add it to the lower left corner of the page and detail it with some Dimensional Pearls.

11) Add a short strip of lace using some rhinestone brads on the right of the acrylic frame. Later, add some flowers on it too.

12) Punch a few holes on the lower left of the page and tie some fibers and ribbons on it.

13) The "U" is actually an acrylic "U" from Go West Studios. I've painted it with some Copper Acrylic Paint and ink it with some green solvent ink. I've used some Distress Stickles to distress it and add some liquid pearls to it for details.

14) Paint a chipboard handle with Distress Crackle Paint and let it dry. Ink around it with Distress Ink and add some Distress Stickles to it for more distressing. Add it to the "U" with two small copper brads.

Hope you all had fun with loads of Distress Inks. It has been very fun and inspiring product to me.

On another note, due to overwhelming orders, AKOTC will be re-ordering some of the project kit that I've designed for them. For further details on when you'll get the kit, do check out this post. I think you need to email the owner to be on the list. You can get the email from their blog. I'll be sharing more projects using the "Love" kit soon.

For those of you who had finished your "Let have some Acrylic Fun!" challenge, do post a link on the comment section of this post. You have till 5th June to link it there.


Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps, Go West Studios; Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Rub-Ons: Jo-Ann Craft Essentials; Chipboard: Creative Cuts and More; Others: Cuttlebug, Ranger Distress Stickles, Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Tim Holtz idea-ology border mask, Inssentials Opaque pen, Prima flowers, lace, metal photo corners, ribbons and fibers, small brads, floss for stitching, Zip Dry, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.

13 comments:

fablady said...

Well I am so loving this lo,thanks much for doing this for my site,u are so amazingly talented and busy so I thank you for being a part of my dt and I am so proud to have you do this for my site,hugs Karen

3left Feet said...

Wow!! amazingness!! I adore the flowers and the butterfiles.. gosh she is growing up sooo fast! Hugs to you! Lovely work!

Anne-Sophie said...

really so beautyfull!!!

Zarah said...

I'm speechless...!!

♥♥♥

Wil said...

wauw he gaaf

Anonymous said...

I love all your work! How do you save (store) your work?

Lizeth

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Lizeth,

What you need to do is simply copy and paste the infos and pics onto Microsoft words but if you want to view it online, just click on the post and save the link.I do archived all my work here on my blog.

Vanessa said...

This is just amazing. I'm always inspired when I visit your blog. When I grow up I want to be just like you! LOL

Mescrap said...

Gorgeous !!!
Your creativity juice is flowing like a fountain :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely exquisite! You keep getting more & more creative.

Rachel said...

lovely!!!!beautyfull!!!:):):):)

SundayL said...

I think this layout is fabulous. I love the attention to detail you give your work, and your generosity in sharing detailed explanations of your techniques. I have posted a little item about your layout on my blog in my weekly round-up this week.
Warm Wishes
Sunday

Joyce ( Gingerbread Girl) said...

Absolutely Breath taking! Gorgeous beyond words! How long did it take you to make this?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin