Thursday, June 11, 2009

Recycle Your Felt Backing

Do you throw away all your felt backing? Next time, think twice when you want to throw away the backing that you've removed from your felt embellishment. This backing normally comes in two different kind of surfaces. One surface is usually more glossier than the other. Try inking on the less glossy surface and use it in your next project. If you want to use the glossy side, simply ink or stamp on it using alcohol ink and solvent ink. You could also cover the it with glitters. Isn't this an instant die cut to embellish your projects with? Let's recycle them!

10 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

that's such a useful tip! thaNK U!

Melissa S. said...

Aren't you clever. I have a bunch of felt that I bought on sale a while back. I will try this soon. Thanks for sharing.

Gra Sandel said...

Thank you Irene!!!!!!!!!!
You are so clever, sweet girl!!
Hugs

Tricia Williams said...

Clever girl!!

Wil said...

super zeg

Jocelyn said...

What a great idea~!!!! :)

Mescrap said...

I never throw them away, I used them as the mask and negative for masking :)

Birgit said...

thank you Irene for the great idea!!!

ANAT S said...

What a great tip
thanks

Lynna said...

Love this! I'm always looking for ways to save money and never thought about saving the backing off things. I bet this would work for other adhesive items as well. Now my brain's thinking.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin