Saturday, May 2, 2009

Enhance Your Embossed Image on Acrylic

I've actually used this technique in one of my old project and received an email requesting me to share it in more detail. This is a technique to enhance embossed image on acrylic piece.

It's a very simple technique. To colour an acrylic piece, normally I would use alcohol ink or paint markers. But to enhance embossed image on them, I would use solvent ink. Simply just rub your solvent ink pad (ie.Staz On) directly on the embossed image. If you want to have more colours on it, use a few paint markers (ie. Zig Painty) and doodle on them.

Try these techniques in your next acrylic project.

3 comments:

Melissa S. said...

That looks really great Irene. I have to try that but I will have to get some different colored staz on colors. Tomarrow on Pages In Time for the NSBD I'm doing a sketch challenge with a twist of use acrylic somewhere somehow on your page. On my blog I will give some detailed photos of different uses. I used plastic milk carton and alcohol ink yesterday. Wait till you see.

CK Chai said...

Thanks for sharing Irene!

Marsha said...

LOVE this!! It's a perfect picture for the bookmark too

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin