Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sugar & Spice Mini Album (Page 3 and 4)

Here's page 3 and 4 of the Sugar & Spice mini album which I've created using Clear Scraps acrylic flower tab album.

Steps to create page3.
1) Cover the scallops or tab with pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink.

2) Cut out a small scallop circle from a pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Paste it on the lower right of the page.

3) Use some paint markers and doodle some small squares and circles on it's left border.

4) Distress the photograph using the scissors distressing technique and add a photo corner to it's upper right corner. Paste it in the middle on the page.

5) Add a strip of lace at the bottom of the photograph and dress it up with some buttons on it's right.

6) Mat a quote with a white card stock and ink it's edges with distress ink. Paste it to the lower left of the page. Use a black pen to doodle on some faux stitches.

Steps to create page 4.

1) Cover the tabs or scallops with pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink.

2) Cut out a scallop strip from a pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Paste it at the bottom of the page.

3) Distress the photograph using the scissors distressing technique and add two photo corners on it's upper right and left. Paste it in the middle of the page.

4) Add a strip of rick rack on the bottom of the photograph.

5) Paint a chipboard heart with some pink acrylic paint and use the "Apply Magic Mesh to your Embellishment" technique to dress it up. add a paper ribbon and a button to add some colour to it. Paste it to the lower left of the page.

6) Mat the quote onto a white card stock and cut it out using a deco scissors. Ink it's edges with distress ink and paste it to the page.

7) Use some paint marker to doodle the dots and arrow.

I hope you all like the way I've shared the tutorials of this mini album so far.

I've just received my boxes from Tim Holtz after having to clear off some customs issues. Oh my!! I just can't believe my eyes when I open it. Those yummy goodies are so going to rock my scrapping days!!! I just can't wait to start having some serious fun using them....lol!

Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps acrylic flower album; Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink; Others: Magic Mesh, Heidi Swapp photo corners, K & Co quotes, EKSuccess Zig Painty, chipboard, buttons, paper ribbon, lace, floss for stitching, Zig Writers, Zip Dry, Helmar glue, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

12 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

My mouth is still hanging open! This is just stunning!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog a couple of days ago and I LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing all of your wonderful techniques with us! It has sure taken away my scrappers block. LOL! And I agree, I can't wait to see what you come up with using Tim's goodies! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, I can't wait to see the rest! Have fun with your new goodies!

XOXO
Sara

BethW said...

I've been cutting and pasting all the steps into word documents. I've formatted them so they are easy to read. I would be glad to zip them and e-mail to anyone who would like a copy when you are done with all the pages. Making very sure everyone knows all the credit belongs to you!

retiredheather said...

Wow! Your work is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing the details and teaching us how to do it.
Hugs
Heather

Melissa S. said...

Irene, so far this is fantastic as usual. I so love all the details that go into every thing that you do. I love the mess covering the heart. wow! Can't wait to see the next pages. Melissa

Tereza Crump said...

I am so envious Irene!! Enjoy all those Tim Holtz goodies!! have lots of fun creating lots of inspirational pieces!! Oh my, oh my!!! Does it feel like Christmas morning?? I am so excited for you!!! LOL

mininessie said...

lovely again :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene! Your work is ALWAYS beautiful and amazing! Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I usually try to visit your blog and see what you're up to every day! Fabulous project!

Can't wait to see what you'll be designing for TH!

Anonymous said...

this album is amazing. thanks for showing us page by page. beautiful

Carla said...

Awesome Irene......I love the colors on this. Hope all is well....

Paulien van den Bosch said...

ohhhhh sooo cute!!!!
You are a genius!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin