Thursday, August 21, 2008

Creating Distressed Marks

I bet most of you might have waited anxiously to see my finished layout using the last few techniques I've shared. But before I upload it, I would liked to share another technique that I've used on that layout. It's the "Creating Distressed Marks" technique. This is also a very simple technique and adds some cool distressed marks on your project.

Here are the steps.

1) Fold the area that you want to create your distressed marks against the edge of your table. This will create a folded line.
2) While it's still folded against the edge of your table, use a sponge with some distress ink and lightly rub against the folded edge to create a distressed mark on your page or paper.
3) Repeat the above steps as many times as you desire to create some distressed marks on your project.

This technique is so simple that anyone can do it in seconds. I will be uploading my finished layout in my next post. Keep an eye for it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!! do you create these techniques by trial and error????
You are so fearless at it, such and inspiration and really out of the box.

Love your blog,
Tracy in AR

paulien710 said...

ohhhhhh, you can be a tease, sometimes....lol

It looks fabulous, and yes, this gives an extra touch to it.

Thanks for sharing girl!

Vicki said...

Irene, your blog is phenomenal! It is so inspirational and you always take the time to explain and pass on any technique that you have used! Thank you!

Beate said...

I really love the way you distress and this is an awesome look. I can't wait to try it!

Beate said...

I really love the way you distress and this is an awesome look. I can't wait to try it!

Daisy Chain said...

Hi

I love your techniques and can't wait to see the finished product
Love Debbie xx

Tereza Crump said...

Oh, Irene,so now you decide to become the Queen of Suspense too??!!! LOL I love the distressed marks BTW. I will definitely try that. Come on, now. Where is the layout??? LOL you are killing me!!

Margaret said...

Wow I so can't wait to see it!

Vicki said...

Wow, Irene! The layout is magnificent. I have been waiting after seeing all of the sneak previews. Beautiful!

Carla said...

That is really very very beautiful......

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin