Thursday, July 10, 2008

How To Be ME

















Recently, I've been asked several times about "How can they be liked scrapperlicious?" or rather "How can they be liked me?". Well, I think some of you might want to know what I've answered them. Therefore, I just thought that I might as well scrap about it. Before I go to the how-tos of this layout, I would liked to share here what I've journaled on it. Here are my answers. "Scrap with your heart and don't forget to have fun too! ~Life in gallery and "Laugh often, Dream big, Reach for the stars!"
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've hand stitched all around the page. Added a few layers of pattern papers which I've distressed using the scissors and tear in technique. I've also inked the edges using distress ink.
2) The photograph has also been distressed using the "Blending Using Acrylic Paint" technique.
3) I've used the "Crackle Effect on Frames and Tags"technique to create the frame around the photograph.
4) I've added a strip of self made mini overlay on the bottom of the layout which I've stitched it onto a pattern paper to create a continuous look to it to balance the design.
5) The chipboard swirl had been painted with acrylic paint and later stamped on using solvent ink.
6) I've used the "Freshen Up your Flowers" technique on the flowers and all around it to create the fresh and wet look.
7)The bracket had been hand drawn and cut using transparency. I've also painted the edges with some white acrylic paint and added some rhinestones to it.
I just love how this layout turn out and hope it answers some of the questions out there.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic; Pattern Papers: DCWV; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Making Memories, Prima Marketing; Rub-ons: Basic Grey; Brads: Making Memories; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Others: Zig pens, Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, acrylic paint (Making Memories and Ranger), flower (prima), transparency, glossy accents (Ranger), rhinestones, crackle medium.

11 comments:

Marsha said...

WOW!! Amazing work Irene, it's fabulous!!!

Marsha said...

WOW!! Amazing work Irene, it's fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

c'est toujours très beau, Irene je te felicite, il me tarde qu'on se retrouve à Paris !!!

a très bientot Estelle

Anonymous said...

c'est toujours très beau Irene, je te felicite, il me tarde que l'on se retrouve à Paris,
a très bientot
Estelle

Beate said...

OMG this was really beautiful! You are fantastic with details.

Carla said...

yeh another awesome rocking page.....Love it!

Nessa said...

this layout is totally amazing!!!

Mescrap said...

This is amazing ! BEautiful ! Love all your heavy embellishment style.

dragonflys said...

the colors on this are stunning great layout

Lorena said...

Te felicito por este diseño, esta precioso, es muy inspirador y transmite mucha creatividad!! Gracias por compartir tus tecnicas, espero implementar algunas!!
Un saludo

The Dolphin Inn said...

Beautiful photo and page Irene TFS XXX

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin