Monday, June 16, 2008

Christmas '07
















This is a layout about our Christmas in 2007. I actually love this photograph of Ryan and Chloe not looking at the camera. They look so natural and carefree. I've actually tried to use the traditional Christmas colours in this layout. Sorry for the bad photographs though as it's difficult to take decent pictures on transparency.
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've used a huge circle shaped pattern paper to layer behind the photograph. I've used the scissors technique and the inking technique to distress this pattern paper.
2) Then I've hand stitched another circle overlapping the pattern paper. I've also used a red card stock which I've punched out holes all over it to create a negative look of a bubble wrapper printing design.
3) I've used the "Create Your Own Mini Overlay" technique to create the two squares on the upper right of the layout and attached them down using mini brads and glue dots.
4) I've also distressed the edges of the photograph using the scissors technique. I've used two grungeboard hinges which I've inked and covered with crackle accents, to embellished the right side of the photograph. On the left, is a hidden tag with a quote.
5) I've also used some transparency to create some snowflakes. I've later doodled on it and painted the edges red too. To add some gold colour, I've heat embossed some snowflakes using gold embossing powder on black card stock and cut it out.
6) I've used a black flowery lace to layer underneath the snowflakes.
This is such a fun layout. I'm don't often create festive pages and I must say that I've missed doing it..LOL! Hope you all like it!
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic, Pattern Papers: DaisyD's, Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Ranger Emboss It, Stamps: Norsk Stempelblad AS, Making Memories, Art Warehouse, Rub-ons: Basic Grey, Heidi Grace, Brads: Making Memories, Others: Lace, Thickers (American Crafts), Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, grungeboard, Crackle accents (Ranger), rhinestones, ribbon, acrylic paints (Making Memories).

10 comments:

Carla said...

Irene, I just love coming to your blog......and the best part is all the different pictures that you take of your work at all the different angles, its very eye catching. I must try this myself.

Christina Carnoy said...

gorgeous layout and I like your ideas about using the transparency overlay. I have a question, does black pigment ink stamp on transparencies or must you use black solvent ink?

Anonymous said...

C'est vraiment sublime! Quel talent...
bravo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I agree with Carla, above, your blog is a delight to read with every post. The angles you take your photos are very appealing. Your work is always wonderful.

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi inara,

Nope! You have to use solvent ink. Pigment ink won't work. Jope this helps!

Unknown said...

Strange to look at christmas lo´s in the middle of the summer! LOL! Great page! You have two incredibly beautiful children, and you´ve really captured the moment in this pic! Love it!

Mescrap said...

Beautiful LO and 2 beautiful angels as well :)

dutchbird said...

christmas 2007 is looking good! Beautiful once again!

Anonymous said...

Very beautifully! I very much like your works!

dragonflys said...

stunning stunning stunning the photo's are so cute love all of this layout have to get to my '07' xmas photo's

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin