Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Create your own Dimensional Butterflies


This is actually a technique came to me when a great friend of mine send me a Staz On ink pad! Thanks Lynn! Since Staz On is a solvent ink, it can be use to stamp on any non-porous surfaces.

In my latest tag, I've created three dimensional butterflies out of transparency, vellum and card stock. I've used the solvent ink to stamp my butterfly image onto a transparency and later cut it out. Then I've snipped into each flap of the wings towards the center. Since transparency is rather a hard material, you can easily fold up or down any part of the wing. This will make it look dimensional. To add some details, I've also use a white paint marker to doodle on it and add some crystals to it.

My second dimensional butterfly is made out of vellum. I've stamped and heat embossed a butterfly on a vellum and later cut it out and snipped towards the center too. I've doodled and add some blings too for details. I've also fold up the wings of that butterfly.

Lastly, my third butterfly is created out of card stock. This is the simplest. Just stamped and heat embossed a butterfly on a card stock and cut it out. Later add some details and fold it up.

You can see all the dimensions that three butterflies in the above second picture. Hope you all like this technique.

5 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You're the bomb!

Fiona said...

Fabulous card! and thanks for all the tips

Anonymous said...

love this Irene. Simply gorgeous! Stunning detail!

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks fro a great tutorial. I have had a little play, nothing as beautiful as your butterflys but i am pleased with the results, lol

You can see them on my blog just click on my name

Cheers
Sarah

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I can see this hanging on as wind chimes or sun catcher or even for homemade wind spinners!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin