Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chalkboard Technique

This is a technique that I've came across recently. I just want to give this a try in my latest card. It's a fairly simple technique.


The rose in the card are created using the chalkboard technique. Here are the steps to it.

1. First of all, it is recommended to use dark colours card stock as the base for the image. I've used a black card stock here.

2. Use a white pigment ink and stamp your image.

3. While the ink is still wet, use an applicator and dab your chalks directly on it. Add as money colours as you want. If you want to use colour pencils, you have to wait for the ink to dry first.

4. Use a clean tissue or any clean dry cloth, wipe away any access chalks around the image when the ink had dried.

This is a cool technique and if you use some chalks with glimmer in them, it will give you a dreamy shinny effect. That's what I've used for my rose above.

1 comment:

Mescrap said...

wow ! I gonna try this technique !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin