Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Boy's Life












This is a layout about Ryan trying to wear an adult headset. He knows very well that it's not suitable for his use but well, I guess "boys will always be boys".
Ryan had so much fun with that over sized headset and it;s actually what inspired me to create this funky style layout. I've always wanted to try my hands in creating a funky and fun layout.
Here are the steps to my layout.
1. For the bottom layer, I've hand stitched two pieces of torn out pattern paper which I've inked and stamped.
2. I've actually cut out a swirl shape pattern paper, masked and doodled a few swirls to create the huge swirly pattern on the right. I've also stamped the masked swirls to give some details to it.
3. All the rings on the bottom, were hand drawn and cut from pattern papers and black card stock. I've stamped and doodled on them to add some interest.
4. I've used the bubble wrapper printing technique to create the design on the top right of the photograph.
This is a very fun layout to create but I'm not sure whether I've achieved the funky style here.
Sources: Card stock: Provo Craft, Pattern Papers: Paper Pizazz, Ki Memories, Ink: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, ColorBox and Memories, Rub-ons: Bohemia, Stamps: MakingMemories, Hero Arts, Chipboard: Imagination Project, Colorbok, Brads: Making Memories, Others: Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, buttons(Stickopotamus), acrylic paint, sequins.

11 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow!!! That LO is gorgeous!!! I love all the arrows!!! fabulous!!

Ulla said...

I love all the "small" details in your LO. And the colour, wonderful!

TesaB said...

Wow, that is COOL, Puppy T!!! Love the swirls and the doodled shapes are really awesome! Ryan is totally adorable and getting big now!!! Suitable quote on that awesome tag!!!

Dawn said...

What beautiful colors!! I love it!

Mescrap said...

This is really beautiful.
Love how you doodle the circle and put on some sequins.
And little Ryan so cute with his innocent smile :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful layout.

Karen Bowers said...

must scraplift right now (well, dinner's almost ready and the kids will need to go to bed, but you know what i mean!), must, must, must!

Stine66 said...

WOW - You are amazing - with your details. Fantastic and INSPIRERING, think I have to make a link from my website to yours.
So others can enjoy what you do. So watch out many hits from denmark comming your way.

Unknown said...

Wow I love this LO so much, so much to look at within it!
I followed a link here through the Inspirational blog! Thanks for sharing..........

Anonymous said...

Ok Irene, this has got to be one of favs! And now I see that the tag goes with this lo! I LOVE love the vibrant blue with the greens! I love all the movement going on in this lo!! From the circles to the swirls to the zig-zag!! I also really love the mess/criss-cross at the top right with the buttons! There is soo much depth, movement and deminsion in this!!! This totally rocks Irene! :O) Nina

Anonymous said...

I love, i love a lot......
ideas was very wonderful

bizz nelly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin