Thursday, February 21, 2008

Self Vintage ATC



Recently, I've been very busy trying to get some projects done for a publication. If any of you do subscribed to Ett Trykk, keep watch in your June 2008 issue. Despite all this, I'm able to steal a little time to have some fun. One of my friend in a forum had actually inspired me to try this. She had used a photograph of another friend to create an ATC. Therefore, I've thought what fun would it be, to use your own portrait or a photograph to create a vintage ATC.

These are the steps to my ATC.

1. First, distress the edges of the card stock using the scissors technique.
2. Ink, the edges of the card stock with a distress ink. Choose whatever colour that matched your design and photograph. I've used brushed corduroy and spice marmalade in mine.
3. I've used a pattern paper which I've distressed using the tearing, inking and crinkling techniques to layer the background.
4. I've also used a self torn paper template to do some masking (use distress ink) to the background and stamped on some quotes and a vintage image.
5. I've used a self printed vintage frame, stamp and my portrait in this ATC. After attaching them to the ATC, I've stamped on some flourishes, butterfly and the title, use the "paint to distress" technique and heat embossed the butterfly and the title.
6.Lastly, I've also added some details on my portrait to create a little vintage look to it.

This ATC is definitely a very fun project for me. You can definitely try one yourself too.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

OH my goodness this is beautiful. I love it. Love all the dimention on it.

Ying Pang, said...

wow!!!!

Mescrap said...

This is beautiful !
NEver thought of doing it :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

As always, another beautiful piece of art!

Anonymous said...

C'est tout comme j'aime : magnifique !

Kathy said...

Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely as always :D

Anonymous said...

absolutely Stunning!!!!

Chriss Rollins said...

love those atc's and your LO they are soooo gorgeous. thanx for sharing.
chriss x
you are invited over to my place i have some mouth watering blog candy up for grabs you are wecome to bring a friend.
and if you feel like taking on an atc challenge come see what we are about.

Anonymous said...

with all this gold, silver and orange.. you look like a jeweled covered princess here! :O) Love all this detail in such a small space and I love that little touch of red in the criss-cross stitching! Just beautiful princess Irene! :O) Nina.. now off to bed with me! (((hugs my friend)))

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin