Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Inspire











This is my latest layout about "me". It's the second layout about "me". It's been really hard to create layouts about "me". Therefore, I hope to be able to inspire some of my blog readers through this layout. There goes my title "Inspire".
Here are the steps in creating this layout.
1) I've created some masking of curves to the basic pattern paper using self made template and some distress ink. Guess you all would never have guessed what has inspired me to use this shape. The inspiration came from my newly permed curvy hair in the photograph....LOL!
2) Then I've cut out two pieces of curves using black card stock and I've masked, stenciled, stamped and doodled on it to create my own pattern paper.
3) I've also cut out some squares and strips of pattern paper and distressed them using the scissors and inking techniques. Then, I've used them to create some layers behind the photograph. I've also used the masking technique to further create some depths in the layering.
4) As you've seen in most of my work, I seldom use any buttons. Therefore, in this layout, I've challenged myself in using some of them. I've used a label holder which I've stamped in my design here.
5) I've cut out some petals out of white card stock which I've stamped and inked to create the flowers here. All flourishes are hand drawn. I've also added some black flowers which I've cut out from laces. I've also stamped and heat embossed a butterfly too.
This is a very challenging layout for me as the basic pattern paper that I've used is already very beautifully printed. But I just have to alter it to suit me style and design. Therefore, if you have the same problems using some pattern papers in future, why not try altering it.

Sources: Card stock: Provo Craft, Pattern Papers: Basic Grey, K&Co., Ink: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, ColorBox and Memories, Rub-ons: Basic Grey, Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Hero Arts, PSX, Brads: Making Memories, Others: Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, buttons, vellum quotes and alphabet titles (Hot Off The Press).

18 comments:

Stacey said...

OHHHH my goodness!!! That is sooo absolutely gorgeous!!! You are AMAZING!!!!

Marsha K. said...

Here I am again!!! LOL. I LOVE this LO PT!! The colors are amazing - so rich and pretty! I love the picture of you too! You are such a little cutie!!

Ying Pang, said...

wow, I can't say anythingelse, it's TRULY BEAUTIFUL !!

Kathy said...

this is lovely, do you take the photos youself they really add to your lo

TesaB said...

I agree with Meme! You ARE a cutie!!! Hehehee!!! And a cub! And amazingly talanted! Love this one! Well, I love everything, but this one is a little bit special since its YOU, and you work with the pp like that! TFS!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Stunning. I love how you put so many elements together, and I love all your inking. Those circles are awesome, as are the buttons, and the leaves. Heck, I love it all.

Karen Lambert said...

You do inspire me. I used to be a very plain scrapper, but as I look at your work, I become more adventurous in my stamping and altering. Thank you once again for sharing your talent. BEAUTIFUL

Unknown said...

JUST GORGEOUS IRENE,LOVE ALL THE BUTTONS!

Mescrap said...

You are so beautiful !

Anonymous said...

Wow, yet another great layout. You have given me the courage to get the inks out and do more with them (usually just ink edges) and to look at old papers that I do not like and think I CAN ALTER THIS.

Anonymous said...

another splendid page!! very gently and in abundance of small details. I love!
encore une magnifique page!! toute en douceur et en profusion de petits détails. J'adore!

Momiji said...

lovely riot of colour ..so full of life..fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love your work....it is so amazing.....I also love it when you give tutorials or step by step instructions....
please check out my blog at http://tqmnurse.blogspot.com as I left you a little award there

Anonymous said...

je suis française et j'adore ce que vous faite
Delphine

Anonymous said...

je suis française et j'adore ce que vous faite
Delphine

Diane said...

I just happened on this layout and it blew me away. It is the most outstanding scrapbooking I have seen in a long time - I am even dreaming about it! You are inspirational.
Thank you for the tutorials too.
Keep up the great work - i love it.

Shelley said...

This layout is beautiful! It looked like you put lots of love and attention to it. Love it!

Anonymous said...

OK IRENE... we need to see more lo's with you on them.. and I would personally like to see one of your dear husband! :O)

I love that you have used the word "inspire" because I think that is what you truly do with your beautiful work here; inspire others to think outside the box! This is lovely with the orang color, blue and whites/creams. And of course you always have that striking black. I love this pic of you.. you kind of look mysterious! hehehe... love the paper petals and all those buttons.. and I also love how the flowery flourish carries my eyes upward into your great inked circle.. love all the stamping and those diamond shapes going across the bottom.. I truly have to come and dissect your work! oh.. yes.. and DANCE! :O) Nina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin