Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What is an ATC and what we can do with ATCs

Recently I've received various emails and comments from my blog readers asking me what is an ATC (Artist Trading Card) and what we can do with it.

I might not be accurate in explaining this but these questions had actually inspired me to come up with more ideas. A big thank you to my blog readers.

My view or thoughts about ATC would be a card in the size of 2.5" by 3.5" which showcase an artist unique style and creativity. It's actually considered as a masterpiece which represents an artist. The most common use of an ATC is to create and exchange or swap with others. It's a kind of collectibles liked some baseball or sports cards.

However, these are some other ideas that I have with ATCs. Recently, I think most of us have seen some ATCs Holders (7 gypsies) or even ATCs album or book. It's a medium that you could use to showcase all your collections or even your own ATCs.

Therefore, I've came up with some ideas for using ATCs.

1. Create some ATCs for yourself from time to time.


This will be a kind of documentation of your style, progress and how you've improved throughout your years of scrapping.

2. Create ATCs based on the techniques you've learned.

You can always create a separate ATCs every time you've learned or come across a new technique and do a simple documentations behind the card. This way, you'll be making your own techniques journal or records. This is my favourite idea because I know that every time I come across a new technique that I'm interested, I can't wait to try it out but having to do a layout or any projects on it,might need more time and often we forget. So ATCs are great because they are small and easy to do.

3. Asked your young ones to create their own ATCs

Recently one of blog reader emailed me saying that she had successfully taught a small kid to scrap. I think it's fabulous. I think that if that small kid could create an ATC, how proud would they be (it's their masterpiece after all) and it's a great way for them to keep records of their own progress in scrapping. And this could definitely go to a further level if you're teaching a bunch of kids instead of one and they could even swap their ATCs.

These are some of my different ideas of creating and using ATCs. Hope it will answer most of your questions. So for all of you who had signed up for the draw to win my valentine ATCs, keep watch. I will be making the draw on the 12th Jan.

5 comments:

pruts said...

I've got my own Yahoo group. we organise swaps. it's great. I have cards form all over the world. I love getting cards with new techniques on it, this way I learn other techniques !!!!

Christina Carnoy said...

Thanks so much for the tips!!! BTW, you're like one of my favorite scrapbookers, ever!

Mescrap said...

Hi, i never thought of the point 2 ~ making own technique journal / record.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

that make a bunch of sense thanks for putting that into prespective! It gives me more ideas concerning ATC's!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't know how long it took you to learn all this but I can say the effect is amazing. I just hope I can become 1/2 the artist you are.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin