Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Stamping to Frame

I actually thought that I've shared this technique in my tips and tricks section but I guess not, after browsing through all the topics there. So, I think I'm going to add this technique through my latest layout titled "Zoo" in my family gallery.

In that layout, I've used the stamping technique to create a huge frame and two strips of borders. It's a very simple technique. Just follow the steps below.

1. Prepare a piece of card stock which you want to create a frame around it.

2. Mask off the center of the card stock with a simple square or rectangular mask that you can cut out from scraps or as in my case, I've used some magazines to cut my mask out.




3. Do your stamping all around the edge of the card stock. You can use as many stamps as you want but try not to over crowd your design. A mixture and stamps from different sizes would be great.



4. If you want to have a more defined frame, before removing your mask, use some ink or distress ink to ink the edges of your card stock and mask.



5. In my layout, I've also use some colour pens to doodle some details onto the frame.

Try this technique in your next project.

2 comments:

Chowchow said...

Kah Mei taught us this technique too at the workshop. Its where my handprint is in my blog. Its a great technique. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Irene thanks for the tip, not sure I'm this good as you but I sure do like ur work
fablady101-karen

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin