Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm "1"








This is a layout on Chloe's first birthday. The inspiration for this layout is from the photographs. I've used the colours and the mysterious feel of the photographs in this layout.
First of all, I've used the 3D blocking techniques here. (Refer to my topic "3D Blocking techniques" in my tips and tricks section)
Secondly, I've used the "Using Flowers within Flower" technique for the huge bloom in my layout. (Refer to my tips and tricks section)
I've used various chipboard pieces in this layout. I've painted the flourishes chipboard pieces and stamped it. I've also used some chipboard letters to create the title.
I've piled up three heart shape tags or frames and used various different pattern papers and vellum to add some colours and interest to it. To soften the look, I've used some fibers to tie them together to part of the chipboard flourishes.
In this layout, I've also doodled as well as using some flourishes rub-ons on the photographs. I've also hand doodled the huge white flourishes on the lower left hand corner.
It has been interesting doing the 3D blocking design! Try it!

10 comments:

Chowchow said...

This is so beautiful... I am in awe. You seem to be able to come up with one masterpiece after another...

kitkat said...

chowchow has said it all, love all the detailing!

Ann Marie said...

The thing that I love about your work is that is just... glows--it is amazing!

Jasmin B said...

I am really in lost for words!! This....is....absolutely....STUNNING!!

will definitely try those techniques that you've used....thanks for sharing!!

~Jasmin~

Pandachu said...

All I can say is...WOW!

Karen Bowers said...

more treats for the eyes! thanks! really beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

This is BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

Jessy Christopher said...

This is absolutely stunning! Great page :)

Forgetfulone said...

Beautiful! I especially like the heart embellishments.

Tauamom said...

You are one of the most amazing scrapbookers and artists I have ever come accross. Every time I pen your site, I am treated to new and exciting pages and techniques. Thank you for sharing these with all of us. Jean Tau'a

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin