Saturday, August 25, 2007

International Greetings ~ pg 21 and 22







These are the last two pages which are page 21 and 22 of my recent postcards mini album titled International Greetings. These pages are actually on a postcard from one of my friend from Mississippi, USA.

The map on the postcard had actually inspired me to create an "old world distressed" look for the two pages.

I've teared on all the edges of the pattern papers and card stocks on both pages and inked them with distress ink.
In page 21, I've add in a lace to soften down the look a bit and I've used a stamp and repeatedly stamp in a circular to balance the overall layout. In page 21, I've used the twines masking technique to create it's background. (Refer to "Create your own Designed paper" in my tips and tricks section)
I've cut-outs some flowers from a pattern papers and enhanced it before attaching them to the page. (Refer "Enhance Your Cut-outs" in my tips and tricks section)
In page 21 and 22, I've also used some butterflies stamps to stamp on card stocks and later cut them out and enhanced on them.

4 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Stunning work Irene, I think this is my fave to date - wonderful work honey and what a treasure this album is TFS :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I'm thinking the same thing as Tracey in the above comment. Stunning was the word I was thinking! TFS, I enjoy checking in to your blog!

Sarah said...

Just beautiful - I love looking at all the tiny details and how you created them.

Anonymous said...

My goodness-your work is incredible! I think i will be spending some time here checking out every detail-I am a stamper so anything that uses stamps in creative ways is so inspiring to me.
mary w

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin